Land O’Frost, Inc.
Land O’Frost “Go Wild!” Game
Official Game Rules
A PURCHASE OR TEXT MESSAGE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
WINNER MAY BE REQUIRED TO RESPOND TO WINNER NOTIFICATION AND OTHER COMMUNICATIONS FROM SPONSOR (DEFINED BELOW) ACCORDING TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND NOTICE(S) FROM SPONSOR OR PRIZE MAY BE FORFEITED (IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION).
BY ENTERING, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE SPONSOR FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
- Eligibility: Participation open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry, except employees of Land O’Frost, Inc. (“Sponsor”), its subsidiaries and affiliates including San Diego Zoo Global (SDZ Global), divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, individuals engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for this Game, their immediate family members and persons living in the same households of each (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate. Void where prohibited by law.
- Promotion Description/Promotion Period: The Land O’Frost “Go Wild!” Game (the “Game”) is an instant win Game conducted via text entry and mail-in entry that begins at 12:00:00 PM (ET) on July 9, 2017 and ends at 11:59:59 PM (ET) on September 7, 2017 (the “Promotion Period”). During the Promotion Period, eligible entrants may play the instant-win Game for a chance to win one of the One Thousand One (1,001) available prizes.
- How to Play: During the Promotion Period, There are two (2) ways to participate in the Game: via text message with Promotion Code or via mail-in entry.
A) Text Message Entry with Promotion Code: Eligible entrants may enter via cellular phone by texting the key word WILD to 71441. A return text message will be sent to the participant containing a link to the promotional website. The participant must then complete the registration information as directed and enter a Promotion Code from Land O’Frost product packaging to enter the Game. Find Land O’Frost “Go Wild” Game Promotion Codes inserted in specially-marked packages of Land O’Frost Premium® products from July 9, 2017 and September 7, 2017, or while supplies last, whichever occurs first. Each Land O’Frost “Go Wild!” Game Promotion Code is good for one (1) game play. After submitting the registration information, the promotional website will serve the Game participant with a game play message which can be revealed by the Game participant by following the instructions on the promotional website. The game play message will either reveal a prize winning outcome or a non-prize-winning outcome. If you do not receive a prize-winning message during your online session at the promotion website upon entering your registration information and Promotion Code, you are not a winner.
B) Mail-In Entry Method: To enter without sending a text message or obtaining a Promotion Code, eligible participants can request one (1) Game play per outer stamped envelope. To receive one free Game play, legibly hand-print your name, complete mailing address, phone number, date of birth, email address (if available) on a 3” x 5” piece of paper, insert the paper into a stamped #10 envelope and mail it to “Land O’Frost Go Wild Game Play Request” PO Box 11508, Bozeman, MT 59719-1508, postmarked by September 7, 2017 and received by September 15, 2017. Sponsor’s representative will play the Game on behalf of the mail-in participant and will notify the participant if the outcome of the Game play is a prize-winning message by September 18, 2017. Mail-in entrants will NOT be notified if the corresponding game play does not result in a prize-winning message. Game Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, stolen, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, damaged or postage-due game play requests.
- More on Text Message Entry: You must be a wireless service subscriber with text messaging functionality to enter via this method. Participation in this Game via text entry method may not be available through all wireless carriers. Please note that your cellular service provider may charge you standard text messaging charges for each text message you send and receive on your cellular phone in connection with this Game. Please consult your cellular service provider regarding their pricing plans. Check your phone capabilities for specific instructions. This Game works with most U.S. cellular carriers and requires a two-way text messaging enabled cellular phone.
- How To Claim a Prize: Participants who receive a prize-winning message will be required to fill out a Prize Claim Form for prize claim / verification / redemption. The Prize Claim Form must be filled out by the potential winner in its entirety or potential prize winner will be disqualified and unawarded prize may be reintroduced into the Game provided there is sufficient time remaining in the Game to award the prize. The Potential Grand Prize winner will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Publicity and Advertising Consent and Release (except where prohibited by law) and such other documents reasonably required by Sponsor as part of the prize claim process. All such documents must be signed and returned within ten (10) days of notification or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected as provided for in these Official Rules.. In the event that any potential prize winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will attempt to award the prize to an alternate potential winner provided there is sufficient time remaining in the Game to award the prize. If there is no confirmed winner even after an attempt to award the prize to an alternate potential prize winner, the applicable prize may go unawarded. Allow 6-8 weeks after the conclusion of the Game for prize fulfillment. Prizes are non-assignable and non-transferable. Prize pictures in point-of-sale, online, television and print advertising, promotional packaging, and other Game materials are for illustrative purposes only.
- Instant Win Prizes/Approximate Retail Values (“ARV”)/Odds: A total of 11,000,000 Promotion Codes will be available for distribution.
One (1) Grand Prize: Trip for up to four (4) persons to participate in a “Roar and Snore Safari” at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park located at 15500 San Pasqual Valley Road, Escondido, CA 92027. This prize is NOT valid at the San Diego Zoo. Grand Prize package consists exclusively of: roundtrip (“R/T”) coach air transportation for Grand Prize winner and up to three (3) travel companions between a major gateway airport nearest winner’s residence (as determined at the sole discretion of Sponsor) and San Diego, CA; use of rental car for up to four (4) days (subject to winner and/or a travel companion complying with all terms of the car rental company; otherwise, Sponsor may arrange alternate ground transportation, at its sole discretion); one (1) Hotel Prize Certificate valid for standard hotel accommodations in San Diego, CA for up to four (4) people for up to two (2) nights (single room, quadruple occupancy); one (1) Roar and Snore Safari Prize Certificate valid for a Roar and Snore Safari Sleepover at the Safari Park for up to four (4) persons in a premium tent for one (1) night to include same day Safari Park 1-Day Pass admission; one (1) gift basket featuring San Diego Zoo Global-themed gifts. The Hotel Prize Certificate and the Roar and Snore Prize Certificate will each have an expiration date of August 31, 2018. The Grand Prize Winner will need to make advanced reservations directly with the San Diego Zoo Safari Park and assigned hotel prior to their attendance and the Roar & Snore Safari and hotel stay must occur prior to the expiration date in order for their Prize Certificates to be valid. Further instructions for the Roar & Snore Safari Sleepover at the Safari Park will be included on the Prize Certificate and final content will be at SDZ Global’s sole discretion. Certain restrictions will apply including blackout dates and seasonal availability. The Roar and Snore Safari Sleepover consists of an overnight experience at the Safari Park where the Grand Prize Winner (and guests) will sleep one (1) night in an outdoor tent. Roar and Snore Safari Sleepovers are typically offered February through early November in a variety of themed programs to suit most age groups. Maximum four-person occupancy per tent. Please note: All Roar & Snore Safari activities are subject to change based on weather, the health and welfare of the animals, and other factors at the Safari Park’s sole discretion. Not valid for prior reservations, nor in conjunction with other SDZ Global offers, discounts, special ticketed events, attractions, pass programs, advanced sale tickets, online tickets, or SDZ Global Membership. Prize winners are responsible for all expenses, incidental travel costs, and all other costs not expressly provided herein, which may include parking at the Safari Park, hotel parking and other parking venues, ground transportation, meals, merchandise, souvenirs, incidentals, gratuities, taxes, and other expenses not identified in these Official Game Rules. The Grand Prize winner acknowledges and agrees that the Prize Certificate to the Safari Park he or she may receive in conjunction with this Game is a) intended solely for use by the Grand Prize Winner and shall not be used for sale, resale, trade, bartered, transferred, or exchanged for services, and/or promotional use or any such use resulting in financial gain or profit of any kind to Grand Prize Winner or any person or entity directly or indirectly related to Grand Prize Winner and b) not used as a donation by Grand Prize Winner to a non-profit organization or for-profit organization, charities, fundraisers, churches, schools, auctions or military entities as those may conflict with SDZ Global’s existing donation and discount programs and c) used as a form of payment to any third party. Any violation of the foregoing would be grounds for the immediate deactivation and/or confiscation of the Prize Certificate by SDZ Global, rendering the Prize Certificate void and non-redeemable at the aforementioned property and in the event this occurs, the Grand Prize Winner forfeits his or her right to receive any prizes and prizes will not be substituted or replaced. No exceptions. Expiration dates will not be extended and the Grand Prize will not be refundable or redeemable for cash or credit at any time, nor will it be replaced if lost or stolen. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is: $4,950. Odds of winning the Grand Prize are no greater than 1:11,000,000. Grand Prize winner will receive a 1099 tax form for the ARV of the prize.
The Grand Prize winner’s travel companions must be eighteen (18) years of age or older, or if a travel companion is considered a minor in his/her legal jurisdiction of residency, the winner must be such companion’s parent or legal guardian. The Grand Prize winner’s travel companion(s) (if under 18 or considered a minor in his/her state of residence, their parent or legal guardian must be the Grand Prize winner and complete on their behalf) will be required to complete, execute and return a Travel Companion Liability Release within this same ten (10) day deadline. All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. The Grand Prize winner and his or her travel companions must travel together on the same itinerary and possess all required travel documents prior to awarding of Grand Prize. Air transportation tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. Sponsor and SDZ Global reserve the right to structure the travel route and select hotel in its sole discretion. ARV for travel prize may vary depending upon point of departure and destination, fare fluctuations and date of travel. If the closest airport to Grand Prize winner’s home is in close enough proximity to the prize destination city (i.e. San Diego, CA) so that, as Sponsor may determine in its sole discretion, a flight is unnecessary, such prize winner will receive alternate ground transportation from the Sponsor with no further obligation to the winner. Grand Prize winner will not receive cash or any other form of compensation if actual travel costs are less than the Grand Prize ARV in these Official Rules. In the event any scheduled Grand Prize event and/or any other component of the Grand Prize is cancelled, delayed, or postponed for any reason outside the control of the Sponsor, Sponsor will have no further obligation, other than to award the remainder of the Grand Prize. In the event Grand Prize winner and/or his or her travel companions engage in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the trip or other applicable experience early, in whole or in part, and send Grand Prize winner and/or his or her travel companions home with no further compensation.
The Grand Prize winner must complete travel by August 31, 2018 or the Grand Prize will be forfeited in its entirety.
One Hundred (100) Nature Cat® Themed Binoculars/Mini Maglite Sets: Each prize consists exclusively of one (1) Nature Cat ®Themed Binoculars/Mini Maglite Set Approximate retail value of each prize is $34.00. Odds of winning this are no greater than 1:110,000.
Three Hundred (300) $20 Gift Cards: Each prize consists exclusively of one (1) $20 Visa gift card which the winner may elect to use for one (1) child’s admission to their local zoo or aquarium. Approximate retail value of each prize is $20.00. Odds of winning this prize are no greater than 1:36,667. Gift card is subject to the terms and conditions associated with its use.
Two Hundred (200) Thermos® Lunch Boxes: Each prize consists exclusively of one (1) Thermos® Lunch Box. Approximate retail value of each prize is $10.00. Odds of winning this prize are no greater than 1:55,000.
Four Hundred (400) Safari Ltd. TOOB® Toys: Each prize consists exclusively of one (1) TOOB® Toys tube of mini animals (“WILD” version). Approximate retail value of each prize is $10.00. Odds of winning this prize are no greater than 1:27,500. Limit one (1) prize per person, email address or phone number in the Game. Approximate retail value of all available prizes is $19,950.
- Conditions of Participation & Certain Restrictions: The participant is solely responsible for entering the Game between July 9, 2017 and September 7, 2017, as well as properly claiming a prize if the Game player receives a prize-winning message. The Grand Prize winner must agree to certain terms and conditions related to eligibility, release of liability, and Sponsor’s and its designee use of winner’s name and/or likeness for publicity, advertising and promotional purposes, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) as part of the prize claim process. Noncompliance may result in disqualification and forfeiture of prize. Once a prize has been delivered to the winner’s residence via delivery-confirmed mail or courier, the prize is considered “awarded.” Taxes on any prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. No cash equivalents, prize substitutions or transfer of prize permitted except that Sponsor and SDZ Global reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event that an offered prize is unavailable. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to the Sponsor to use winner’s name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and promotion without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. All entries become the property of Land O’Frost, Inc. and will not be acknowledged or returned. By entering, entrants acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements. By participating, entrants agree to release Land O’Frost, Inc., its affiliates, including SDZ Global, subsidiaries, divisions, wholesalers, retailers or distributors or advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents or representatives (collectively, “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, demands, losses and liabilities of any nature whatsoever, which entrant may now or hereafter be entitled to assert, including but not limited to, any death, injury, loss of enjoyment, damage to computer equipment, or other harm or loss of any nature whatsoever caused or contributed to by participation in the Game, any of the prizes awarded in the Game and/or in connection with the awarding, receipt and use or misuse of prize, and/or claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. Winners acknowledge that neither Sponsor nor its agents have made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including, but not limited to, its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Any and all warranties and/or guarantees on a prize, if any, are subject to the manufacturers’ terms therefore and winners agree to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty and/or guarantee. By participating in this Game, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor and SDZ Global are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer or in administration of the Game.
Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, or illegible entries nor for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Game is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Game, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Game and to award the available prizes via a random drawing from among all valid eligible entries received up to the point of the action taken by the Sponsor provided a sufficient number of entries have been received. Caution: Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Game is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent of the law.
- GOVERNING LAW/DISPUTES: VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. By participating in the Game, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of participants, Sponsor, or the Released Parties in connection with the Game will be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Indiana without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE GAME, PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT, EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW: (i) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE GAME, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (ii) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, (IF ANY), NOT TO EXCEED TWO HUNDRED FIFTY DOLLARS ($250.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (iii) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY PARTICIPANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND PARTICIPANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED TWO HUNDRED FIFTY DOLLARS ($250.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (iv) PARTICIPANT’S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND PARTICIPANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Confidentiality: For information about how the Sponsor uses your personal information, please see its privacy statement, located at http://www.landofrost.com/privacy-statement/.
- Winner’s List: To receive name and city / state of residence of winners of prizes valued at $25 or more, mail a stamped, self-addressed envelope accompanied with a signed, hand-printed request to “Land O’Frost / Go Wild! Winner’s List”, PO Box 11508, Bozeman, MT 59719-1508. All requests must be received by October 31, 2017.
- Sponsor: Land O’Frost Inc., 10109 Columbia Ave, Munster, IN 46321.