As an integral member of the Food Safety Team, the HACCP Coordinator will evaluate processes and procedures against established food safety standards to deliver high-quality, safe food products to our consumers. Responsibilities include maintaining documentation for USDA inspections and audits, perform data analysis and collection, and conduct food safety training.
In this role you will oversee:
FOOD SAFETY PLANS
- Verification and validation of food safety plans by maintaining documentation generated through those plans for USDA inspections and audits (SQF and USDA).
- Responsible for all HACCP, SQF, and FSIS documentation and compliance.
- USDA Export requirements – Coordinate paperwork with shipments for exports, and coordinate with purchasing during animal disease outbreaks. that could affect our export customers.
- Ensure compliance to food safety guidelines, company standards, and regulatory and external standards.
- Micro program-Manage and oversee pre-op swabs.
- Pre-Op swabs and processing samples and application database.
- Pathogen Modeling Program Software- Collect temperature information and input data on cook process.
- Schedules and maintains the sampling and testing program and assessments for allergen control plans.
- Initiates physical, chemical, and microbiological testing as required to ensure product safety and acceptability.
FOOD SAFETY TRAINING
- GMP Training- Compliance with GMP Policies by conducting new hire and annual retraining in preparation for SQF Audit.
- Create PowerPoint presentations, Training certifications, review, validate, and update requested by Food Safety Manager.
- Maintain training database for all Food Safety training.
- Basic knowledge of food safety principles and processes.
- Fundamental knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s)
- Understand importance when generating key microbiological data.
- Addresses food safety concerns in accordance with established procedures.
- Ability to understand and apply knowledge of food safety programs.
- 1-3 years of work experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in food science and technology, biology, microbiology, or other related disciplines or at least 3 years of supervisory work experience in a related field or industry.
- Knowledge/experience with Safe Quality Foods Codes.
- HACCP or HARPC certified.
- Demonstrated and proven knowledge of GMPs, MOPs, SOPs, and SSOPs.
- Knowledge of Non-GMO, Gluten-Free, Organic programs, and relevant government regulations is required.
- Strong computer skills, including IFS, SharePoint, and Microsoft Suite
Apply for job
To apply for this job, please email our Human Resources representative your resume and cover letter by clicking apply now below.