- Responsible for duties at both the Lansing, IL and the Pullman, Chicago locations
- Perform Weekly/Monthly inventory adjustments to inventoried items used for production.
- Write up disposition forms for discontinued, obsolete, damaged materials.
- Manage pricing budget for ingredients, corrugated, casings, labels, and other miscellaneous items used in production.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects as well as Lean Manufacturing programs to eliminate waste in various manufacturing processes.
- Maintain ERP systems and inventory.
- Review packaging, ingredients, corrugated and other material requirements, initiate, negotiate and execute the purchase of items using approved suppliers
- Calculate prices for purchase orders, enter purchase orders into IFS, make any changes needed to purchase order after the material is delivered
- Manage inventories and utilize an accurate inventory to determine purchases to meet production schedules while targeting consumption before expiration dates
- Interact with outside supplier base, including quality, service, product improvement options, weekly purchase agreements, issue purchase orders, follow up on late trucks, shortages, etc.
- Develop and grow supplier relationships with the objective of enabling the purchasing of materials that are consistent with food safety, quality reliable delivery, performance, and long-term least cost
- Evaluate the performance of suppliers, review facilities, provide Vendor Rating report and report results
- Collaborate with suppliers on least cost options and maintaining improving quality
- Report foreign material and quality issue findings to suppliers with detailed information and request a Corrective Action for continuous improvement
- Collaborate with the Quality department for qualification of materials.
- Handle miscellaneous requests, products, meetings, travel
- Prepare and manage yearly budget
Core Competencies: Strategic Focus, Drive for Results, Broad Business Knowledge, Builds Relationships, Builds High Performing Teams
TECHNICAL COMPETENCY REQUIRED: Procurement
- Minimum 2 – 4 years of meat industry or procurement experience preferred with food manufacturing a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- Experience with ERP and Inventory Management systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite required
- Experience directly supervising and coaching a team.
Local and/or overnight travel 10% of the time
If interested, email your resume to email@example.com
Submittals without a resume will not be considered.
Apply for job
To apply for this job, please email our Human Resources representative your resume and cover letter by clicking apply now below.