Land O’Frost is searching for a Maintenance Supervisor to lead a team of electricians, mechanics, and maintenance helpers. In this role. you will ensure the continuous operation of all production and facilities-related equipment. Through partnerships with plant management and cross-functional teams, this position will work to identify proactive ways to identify and maintain efficient maintenance practices to achieve plant metrics and organizational objectives. This role will serve as a change agent by promoting and reinforcing LOF Core Values and culture with the maintenance team.
In this role you will:
- Ensure the quality and food safety of our product, the safety of our employees, and the smooth operation of our production lines through process control.
- Plan, organize, and schedule work activities of the maintenance department to meet production needs.
- Supervise maintenance activities for all manufacturing lines and equipment improvement projects.
- Work closely with CI and Engineering to develop and implement new equipment processes and packaging equipment projects to increase efficiency and reduce labor costs.
- Coordinate the planning and scheduling of maintenance work including the weekly schedule of maintenance technicians to ensure maximum utilization of manpower and provide adequate production coverage.
- Identify areas of improvement for plant operational efficiencies -opportunities to improve efficiency, methods, equipment, reduce waste, improve time.
- Develop, implement, and supervise Preventive Maintenance (PM) programs and schedule downtime of work for optimum utilization of both manpower and resources during the assigned shift.
- Responsible for keeping equipment and support systems operating at maximum efficiency.
- Follow, maintain, and evaluate preventive maintenance (PM) program and schedule.
- Coordinate and implement predictive and preventative maintenance scheduling.
- Maintain 100% on-time completion of PMs and certifications.
- Cross-train maintenance team to perform a wide range of both, mechanical and electrical repairs on a range of equipment.
- Responsible for ensuring employees are adhering to all regulatory and internal processes – Employee, Safety, Food Safety, Quality, HR, and Process Controls.
- Promote and reinforce LOF Core Values and culture with an hourly workforce.
- Communicate and review plant/department objectives regularly with an hourly workforce.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Technical certification or degree in an engineering-related field or equivalent is preferred.
- 3 years supervisory experience. Experience in a food manufacturing facility is strongly desired.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of PM program development and implementation.
- Mechanical/ electrical experience with high-speed packaging equipment.
- Demonstrated experience implementing progressive maintenance practices including TPM and predictive maintenance.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing/TPM/Six Sigma methodologies preferred.
- Pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical, PLC, welding, fabricating, and refrigeration experience required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office experience)
Apply for job
To apply for this job, please email our Human Resources representative your resume and cover letter by clicking apply now below.