- Responsible for financial analysis, variance analysis, project planning, forecasting, review of standard product costing to actual, evaluation of plant’s productivity targets, and cost center spending variance reviews
- Analyze efficiencies, manufacturing costs, and advise operations to improve productivity. Identify and recommend areas for continuous process improvement
- Analyze yield and labor variances and identify the sources of the variances
- Analyze scrap transactions. Analyze changes in raw materials/input’s effect on the cost of goods sold
- Responsible for the creation of Weekly Vital meeting report and summary, as well as ad hoc reports as needed by plant management
- Work with plant operations on the Cost of Quality events. Assign the cost of quality and manage the process
- Create a strong working relationship with plant manufacturing departments, both leaders and staff
- Frequently spend time on the production floor to understand the core of the business environment
MONTH END/FINANCIAL REPORTING
- Complete Month-end/Year-end Closing Processes for manufacturing plant. Process month-end journal entries
- Oversee compliance with corporate policies. Ensure a strong internal controls environment at the plant
- Responsible for fixed assets and capital projects reviews by maintaining the AFE system and capitalizing/expensing completed AFEs
- Create and maintain the unvouchered reports for both inventory and non-inventory
- Balance select asset accounts
- Review and approve procurement card transactions, review the coding of receipts monthly
- Review and approve expense reports
- Assist with physical inventory observation process for the year-end audit
- Manage policies, procedures, and inventory for office supplies and equipment
FORECASTING & BUDGET PLANNING
- Work with the corporate accounting and plant leadership team to develop budgets, metrics, and financial goals that align with plant production and improvement goals
- Assist with the budget process – validation of budgeted sales and production pounds, review of yield and labor efficiency targets, etc.
- Collaborate with all departments to ensure all budget information is submitted as timely and accurately as possible
- Ensure plant department spend is within budget. Investigate discrepancies in spending
- Conduct monthly meetings with dept managers to go over their department spend vs budget
- As assigned by plant manager or corporate accounting
Core Competencies: Strategic Focus, Broad Business Knowledge, Drive for Results, Builds Relationships, Model The Way
TECHNICAL COMPETENCY REQUIRED: Financial Acumen
- Demonstrates an understanding of the relationship between operational activity and financial results.
- Collaborates with other departments on complex issues, recommends options, and has an active role in implementation.
- Manages departmental expectations in terms of deadlines, scope, and budget.
- Manages the financial planning, forecasting, capacity analysis, and management reporting processes.
- Interprets, prepares, and presents financial data and variance explanations to internal and external stakeholders.
- Possess a detailed understanding of accounting and financial applications that are critical to proper accounting and reporting within the organization. Approached as a technical accounting resource to others.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years of cost accounting experience
Experience working within a manufacturing environment preferred
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
Certifications: Proficient in Microsoft Office (Advanced Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
If interested, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submittals without a resume will not be considered.
Apply for job
To apply for this job, please email our Human Resources representative your resume and cover letter by clicking apply now below.