- Responsible for financial analysis, variance analysis, project planning, forecasting, review of standard product costing to actual, evaluation of plant’s productivity targets, and cost center spending variance reviews
- Analyze efficiencies, manufacturing costs, and advise operations to improve productivity. Identify and recommend areas for continuous process improvement
- Analyze yield and labor variances and identify the sources of the variances
- Analyze scrap transactions. Analyze changes in raw materials/input’s effect on the cost of goods sold
- Responsible for the creation of Weekly Vital meeting report and summary, as well as ad hoc reports as needed by plant management
- Work with plant operations on the Cost of Quality events. Assign the cost of quality and manage the process
- Create a strong working relationship with plant manufacturing departments, both leaders and staff
- Frequently spend time on the production floor to understand the core of the business environment
MONTH END/FINANCIAL REPORTING
- Complete Month-end/Year-end Closing Processes for manufacturing plant. Process month-end journal entries
- Oversee compliance with corporate policies. Ensure a strong internal controls environment at the plant
- Responsible for fixed assets and capital projects reviews by maintaining the AFE system and capitalizing/expensing completed AFEs
- Create and maintain the unvouchered reports for both inventory and non-inventory
- Balance select asset accounts
- Review and approve procurement card transactions, review the coding of receipts monthly
- Review and approve expense reports
- Assist with physical inventory observation process for the year-end audit
- Manage policies, procedures, and inventory for office supplies and equipment
FORECASTING & BUDGET PLANNING
- Work with the corporate accounting and plant leadership team to develop budgets, metrics, and financial goals that align with plant production and improvement goals
- Assist with the budget process – validation of budgeted sales and production pounds, review of yield and labor efficiency targets, etc.
- Collaborate with all departments to ensure all budget information is submitted as timely and accurately as possible
- Ensure plant department spend is within budget. Investigate discrepancies in spending
- Conduct monthly meetings with dept managers to go over their department spend vs budget
- As assigned by plant manager or corporate accounting
Core Competencies: Strategic Focus, Broad Business Knowledge, Drive for Results, Builds Relationships, Model The Way
TECHNICAL COMPETENCY REQUIRED: Financial Acumen
- Demonstrates an understanding of the relationship between operational activity and financial results.
- Collaborates with other departments on complex issues, recommends options, and has an active role in implementation.
- Manages departmental expectations in terms of deadlines, scope, and budget.
- Manages the financial planning, forecasting, capacity analysis, and management reporting processes.
- Interprets, prepares, and presents financial data and variance explanations to internal and external stakeholders.
- Possess a detailed understanding of accounting and financial applications that are critical to proper accounting and reporting within the organization. Approached as a technical accounting resource to others.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years of cost accounting experience
Experience working within a manufacturing environment preferred
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
Certifications: Proficient in Microsoft Office (Advanced Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Apply for job
To apply for this job, please email our Human Resources representative your resume and cover letter by clicking apply now below.