We have an excellent opportunity for a dynamic Plant Manager to join our organization as an integral part of the operations leadership team. In this role, you will direct and manage local plant operations with overall responsibilities for food production activities. This role will develop cross-functional relationships to drive profitability, continuous improvement, execute change management, and ensure quality, food, and employee safety standards are met. As a leader, you will foster a collaborative team environment that promotes the Land O’Frost culture and values while achieving operational excellence.
In this role you will:
• Drive metrics and review plant performance. production, yield, efficiencies, labor utilization, financial results.
• Champion process improvement and lean manufacturing activities.
• Communicate and review plant objectives regularly to all levels to ensure plant objectives are accomplished.
• Develop & ensure implementation of appropriate CAPEX plans to support New Business, Profitability & Asset Maintenance
• Drive annual plant-specific goals, plans, and projects.
• Direct, coach, and develop plant team by setting performance, development, and succession planning goals.
• Drive culture & employee engagement by promoting and reinforcing LOF Core Values and culture at all levels.
• Support regulatory and internal processes – Employee, Safety, Food Safety, Quality, HR, Process Controls.
• Support Redzone-Initiatives, Kaizens & DLMP’s, Foreign Material (FM) Process, and sustainability of CAPA.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Operations, Process Engineering, or related field.
• A minimum of 7 years’ experience in Plant Management with in-depth knowledge of food technology and/or meat products business.
• Proven success in building a one-team culture through coaching supervisory and management teams providing leadership and direction.
• Ability to make sound business decisions, problem solve, and identify solutions.
• Strong project management and Six Sigma skills.
• Application of lean manufacturing to support Continuous Improvement within the plant.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Local and/or overnight travel is required 20% of the time.
To apply for this job, please email our Human Resources representative your resume and cover letter by clicking apply now below.Apply Now