We are looking for a driven, passionate, and results-oriented Production Supervisor to manage and plan department production volumes through partnerships with plant management and cross-functional teams. This role will identify proactive ways to continuously improve plant production to achieve plant metrics and organizational objectives. You will have the opportunity to serve as a change agent by promoting and reinforcing LOF Core Values and culture with the hourly workforce.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL OVERSEE:
- Foreign Material (FM) Process – Improvement & process stability.
- Sustainability of CAPA – Process Control utilizing 5-Why’s and root cause analysis
- Identify areas of improvement for plant operational efficiencies -opportunities to improve efficiency, methods, equipment, reduce waste, improve time.
- Execute process improvement and lean manufacturing activities.
- Serve as an acting team leader in that person’s absence.
- Ensure compliance with all quality and food safety programs through regular adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), the performance of Red Zone audits, food safety checks (HACCP), and product quality checks conducted according to organization policies.
- Actively participate in the prevention and correction of quality-related errors.
- Lead by example to promote and encourage employees to strongly commit to all food safety, employee safety, employee culture, and quality programs.
- Supervise production operations, shift, lines, and or other related functions by working toward process improvements, communicating changes, status updates, monitoring quality and safety standards, and taking the lead in challenging situations.
- Communicate and review plant/department objectives regularly with an hourly workforce.
- Facilitate transitions between shifts and seamless handoffs and communicate key information to peers, team members, and management.
- Participate in the interview process with new candidates.
- Take an active role in the onboarding of new hires, including ensuring that training is complete to a satisfactory level.
- Promote and reinforce LOF Core Values and culture with an hourly workforce.
- Work toward improving hourly Culture & Employee Engagement
- Manage the department to ensure regulatory and internal processes – Employee, Safety, Food Safety, Quality, HR, and Process Controls
- Ensure the quality and food safety of our product, the safety of our employees, and the smooth operation of our production lines through process control.
- Department Performance: production, yield, efficiencies, and labor utilization.
- Efficiency Planning: Manage Labor to meet schedule needs, line components to effectively deliver to schedule.
- Red zone-Initiatives, Kaizens & DLMP’s, line performance & quality.
- Improvement of Employee Retention Metric vs previous year by aligning accountability and core values throughout the department.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, operations management, or a related field or related field preferred.
- Will accept a minimum of 4 years of meat processing/ food industry experience in lieu of a degree.
- Experience achieving positive results thru other team members.
- Lean/Six Sigma Certification is preferred
Apply for job
To apply for this job, please email our Human Resources representative your resume and cover letter by clicking apply now below.