Land O’Frost has an internship opportunity for a talented, self-motivated individual for a summer internship that will support the Research and Development team to deliver on the needs of the brand. This position works collaboratively across the R&D department to provide support in developing new and improving existing products at benchtop and pilot plant, conducting experiments, gathering data, developing/tracking/reporting findings, and day-to-day support.
Our internship program runs for 10 weeks (May-August). All internships are paid with housing assistance available.
YOU WILL LEARN TO:
- Understand product requirements designed against consumer needs.
- Develop new meat product formulas, processes, and packaging in a pilot plant.
- Work on product improvements and cost savings projects.
- Plan and implement assigned projects with close direction and guidance.
- Analyze results and translate technical information into possible business solutions.
- Assist with research on product development projects (culinary gold standards, flavor screening, sensory evaluation, costing developing, analytical evaluation, and product shelf life.)
- Complete a final project based on some or all of the above responsibilities.
- Junior or Senior actively pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Food Processing, or Meat Science.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Full-time availability from May to August
- Completed some level of Food Processing, Meat Science, or Food Science coursework.
- Interest in Consumer-Packaged Goods/Food Industry
- Excellent attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task with excellent follow-through and task completion
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Strong team player, ability to work with diverse cross-functional teams
- Creative problem solver; able to work independently to produce quality results.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Plant environment standing 80% of the workday.
Apply for job
To apply for this job, please email our Human Resources representative your resume and cover letter by clicking apply now below.