Land O’Frost has an excellent opportunity for a Sanitation Manager to maintain our high standards of food safety by ensuring that our deli meat products are safe to eat for our consumers. In this role, you will lead the sanitation team by identifying proactive ways to maintain efficient sanitation practices to achieve plant metrics and meet regulatory requirements related to food safety and sanitation. This role will create and maintain an engaged and team-oriented workforce based on our cultural values.
In this role you will oversee:
- Monitor sanitation and janitorial procedures to ensure all policies/procedures are followed and equipment is sanitized for production.
- Monitor the master sanitation schedule to ensure the cleanness of all machines and equipment before production.
- Oversee shift handoff/ line set-ups/ equipment assembly.
- Manage the sanitation budget by tracking chemical/equipment usage, cost, and reorders.
- Support regulatory and internal processes – Employee and Plant Safety, Food Safety and Quality Initiatives, HR, and Process Controls.
- Facilitate problem resolution related to sanitation and quality issues.
- Drive sanitation metrics, review department performance, efficiencies, labor utilization, and financial results.
- Manage the automated packaging operation during the third shift.
- Direct, coach, and develop a supervisory team to align their work with long-term goals, and alignment with the company’s strategic direction.
- Set direct report goals in performance, training, and development of the team.
- Collaborate with plant management and cross-functional teams to set direction, accountability, and achieve results.
- Serve as acting sanitation supervisor in that person’s absence.
- Responsible for adhering to all food safety and quality programs to ensure food safety and quality.
- Promote and reinforce LOF Core Values and culture at all levels.
- Work with plant team toward identifying initiatives to improve culture & employee engagement
- Develop, manage & complete departmental project work linked to company objectives and goals.
- Communicate and review plant objectives regularly with the team to ensure plant objectives are accomplished.
- Schedules reviews of projects and progress with plant management to discuss sanitation improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management, Food Science, or Organizational Leadership/ Supervision, or a related field.
- Minimum of four years of sanitation experience leading a team in a food manufacturing environment.
- Meat processing sanitation operations experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of HACCP, Food Safety, Sanitation, Chemical Safety, and Pest Control.
- Strong decision-making skills with the ability to handle frequent change.
- Experience using Microsoft Office, Redzone, and IFS.
- Sanitation license or certification preferred but not required.
- Local and/or overnight travel is required 10% of the time.
Apply for job
To apply for this job, please email our Human Resources representative your resume and cover letter by clicking apply now below.