- Oversee implementation of the sanitation program and ensure adherence to all company and regulatory policies for food safety, health & safety, and environmental programs.
- Efficiency Planning: Manage Labor and schedule to meet schedule needs, maximize efficiency, productivity, to effectively deliver to schedule to ensure there are no delays in production startup due to sanitation-related issues.
- Know, understand, communicate, document, and adhere to all government and company policies and procedures, which include, but are not limited to, sanitation, attendance, employee safety, HACCP, USDA, Quality, Food Safety, and performance.
- Communicate and review daily plant/department objectives with an hourly workforce.
- Maintain proper documentation of programs, weekly activity reports, supplies, and chemical usage.
- Review all Pre-op and SSOP audit sheets. Address issues, as appropriate.
- Supervise the department to ensure regulatory and internal processes – Employee, Safety, Food Safety, Quality, HR, Process Controls are met.
- Responsible for ensuring all team members are adhering to all food safety and quality programs to ensure food safety and quality.
- Supervise the cooking operation during the third shift.
- Serve as back up to Sanitation Manager.
- Supervise the packaging operation during the third shift.
- Direct and monitor the responsibilities of the crew leaders and sanitation technicians, ensuring the achievement of a clean plant through effective teamwork.
- Ensure all sanitation employees are properly trained in breakdown and handling procedures of equipment, sanitation cleaning procedures, safety, HACCP, and all other programs required for the sanitation department.
- Proficient in on the job instruction training. Able to perform job task analysis, write job instructions, train employees in job tasks, and audit employee performance.
- Ensure plant safety and security, providing appropriate medical treatment when needed.
- Counsel employees, when needed, concerning attendance, performance, policies, procedures, and safety.
- Coaching employees, working toward improvements, communicating changes and status, monitoring quality and safety standards, and taking the lead in challenging situations.
- Recommend more effective sanitation procedures to improve efficiency, equipment sanitation methods, reduce waste, improve time to the Sanitation Manager. Implement necessary changes in the sanitation operating procedures manual as approved.
- Participate in Red zone-Initiatives, Kaizens & DLMP’s, line performance & quality projects.
- Active in the Foreign Material (FM) Process – Improvement & process stability.
- Maintain the sustainability of CAPA including Process Control utilizing 5-Why’s and root cause analysis.
- Serve as a member of Seek & Destroy team
- Promote and reinforce LOF Core Values and culture with an hourly workforce.
- Improvement of Employee Retention Metric vs previous year by aligning accountability and core values throughout the department.
- Identify initiatives to improve hourly Culture IQ & Employee Engagement score.
Strategic Focus, Drive for Results, Builds Relationships, Builds High Performing Teams, Model the Way.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCY REQUIRED:
- Understands the manufacturing business as a system that integrates multiple disciplines, processes, and stakeholders.
- Understands and applies constraints theory. Can explain the value of across the board improvement (center lining) over individual excellence.
- Notice symptoms of process problems and show good judgment as to the proper action to remedy the problems.
- Supports and develops manufacturing process design and development.
- Monitors manufacturing processes and systems.
- Proactively demonstrates a passion for deepening knowledge of Land O’ Frost manufacturing capabilities and advantages.
Experience: Minimum 2 years of previous sanitation supervisory experience. Knowledge in HACCP, Food Safety, Sanitation, Chemical Safety, Pest Control, and Pest Control.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in operations management, food Science, or Organizational Leadership/ Supervision or a related field preferred but not required. Knowledge of meat processing sanitation operations is preferred.
Certifications: Sanitation license or certification preferred but not required.
Travel: Local and/or overnight travel is required 10% of the time.
Use the link to apply or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for job
To apply for this job, please email our Human Resources representative your resume and cover letter by clicking apply now below.