At Land O’Frost, our brands of lunchmeat and specialty sausage products are recognized as one of the nation’s best- selling and trusted brands. We are seeking more passionate people to join our innovative team.
The Sanitation Technician (3rd Shift ONLY) will be responsible for sanitation procedures at our Madisonville, KY plant.
- Clean and sanitize vats used in the processing area according LOF established methods.
- Remove trash from production areas.
- Breakdown or disassembly of equipment.
- Perform sanitation procedures on all equipment in assigned area.
- Clean equipment using hazardous chemicals, at the correct solution strength setup by our chemical supplier to adequately clean the equipment and prevent any injury to personnel, or damage to equipment due to improper chemical use.
- Perform pre –operational inspection of equipment in assigned area prior to crew leader’s inspection.
- Respond to any USDA sanitation related request.
- Take and pass chemical training.
- Take and pass Lockout/Tag out course for authorized level.
- Take and understand HAZMAT and HAZCOM Training.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
- Must be able to read, comprehend, and carry out or re-communicate verbally the direction of your supervisor
- Must not be allergic to chemicals
- Must be capable of acquiring a license for all types of jacks and lifts
- Able to work in variable temperatures of between 30 and 120 degrees on same shift.
- Work in wet environment 100% of shift.
- Work with boosted pressure hoses operating from 50 to 150 pounds of pressure for 50% of shift.
- May lift up to 50 pounds frequently
- Bend; stoop squat push, pull, and turning 50% of shift.
- Stand 50%, walk, 30%, and climb 10% of shift.
Apply for job
To apply for this job, please email our Human Resources representative your resume and cover letter by clicking apply now below.