- Support regulatory and internal processes – Employee and Plant Safety, Food Safety and Quality Initiatives, HR, and Process Controls.
- Ensure RedZone Initiatives, Kaizens, DLMP’s and lean processes are deployed in improvements.
- Foreign Material (FM) Process – Improvement & process stability.
- Drive the sustainability of CAPA.
- Champion process improvement and lean manufacturing activities by working with supporting functions to implement change.
- Drive metrics and review departments performance, production, yield, efficiencies, labor utilization, financial results.
- Develop, manage & complete departmental project work linked to company objectives and goals.
- Ensure implementation of appropriate CAPEX plans to support New Business, Profitability & Asset Maintenance
- Communicate and review plant objectives regularly with supervisors to ensure plant objectives are accomplished.
- Schedule reviews of projects and progress with Plant Managers.
- Direct, coach, and develop the supervisory team to align their work with long-term goals, and alignment with the company strategic direction.
- Set direct report goals in training and development, performance, and succession planning.
- Engage the team for accountability by leveraging strong problem-solving and conflict resolution capabilities.
- Collaborate with plant management and cross-functional teams to set direction, accountability and achieve results.
- Demonstrate cross-functional capability (supply chain, org excellence, finance, quality, food safety)
- Promote and reinforce LOF Core Values and culture at all levels.
- Work with plant team toward identifying initiatives to improve Culture IQ & Employee Engagement.
Strategic Focus, Drive for Results, Builds Relationships, Builds High Performing Teams, Model the Way.
Technical Competency Required:
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of food technology and the meat products business. Fully understands the process, the concepts, the steps and the data.
- Manages continuous improvement process.
- Has a deep understanding of consumer dynamics and impact on Land O’ Frost’s brands.
- Partners with Land O’ Frost innovation team on identifying and launching new items.
- Stays current on competitor current and future products. Leads product knowledge and consumer training sessions with peers.
- Proactively demonstrates a passion for deepening knowledge of the meat industry and benefits to the customer and consumer.
Experience Minimum 7 years of operational/manufacturing experience. Food industry experience is not mandatory but highly desired. Experience achieving positive results thru other team members.
Education Bachelor’s degree required in business administration, operations management, or a related field or related field.
Knowledge of meat processing operations is preferred.
Certifications Lean/Six Sigma Certification is preferred
Travel: Local and/or overnight travel is required 25% of the time.
If interested, email your resume to email@example.com
Submittals without a resume will not be considered.
Apply for job
To apply for this job, please email our Human Resources representative your resume and cover letter by clicking apply now below.