At Land O’Frost, our brands of lunchmeat and specialty sausage products are recognized as one of the nation’s best- selling and trusted brands. We have accomplished this through our incredible team of employees who are customer focused, motivated, achievers, developers, and purpose driven. We are seeking more passionate people to join our innovative team. Join our team and let your ambition flourish.
To operate a commercial motor vehicle to transport freight in inters or intrastate commerce between terminals and relay stations or from home terminal to a distant point(s) and return.
Team driver earn .25 after probation .33 per mile
Single driver earn .41 after probation.50 per mile
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Inspect vehicle and required parts and accessories to determine safe operating condition prior to departure
- Check shipping papers to determine the nature of load and any special hazards, and check load itself and methods of securing it
- Operate vehicle in compliance with company rules and all applicable state and federal regulations, and in accordance with accepted principles of safe driving
- Deliver freight to consignees
- Pick up freight as required
- Load and unload freight as required
- Collect freight charges as instructed
- Perform other related work as required
- The brakes of highway trucks shall be set and wheel chocks placed under the rear wheels to prevent the trucks from rolling while they are boarded with powered industrial trucks.
- Report all accidents, incidents of equipment damage involving driver or company equipment
- Maintain trip records as required
- Maintain for compliance with state and federal regulations including driver’s logs, records of fuel purchases, mileage records, etc.
- Proper use and care of all equipment assigned to him/her for the performance of his/her duties.
- Reports promptly any delays that will affect pick up or delivery appointments.
- Class A CDL
- 2-years of OTR driving experience
- Verifiable Previous 5-years Employment History
- Clean MVR
- DOT Qualifications
- Complete a required DOT physical
- Driver must be able to sit for extended periods of time in a truck tractor.
Driver must be able to walk, bend, reach, push, pull, stoop, squat, and climb, as necessary, to perform vehicle inspections.
Apply for job
To apply for this job, please email our Human Resources representative your resume and cover letter by clicking apply now below.