At Land O’Frost, our brands of lunchmeat and specialty sausage products are recognized as one of the nation’s best- selling and trusted brands. We have accomplished this through our incredible team of employees who are customer focused, motivated, achievers, developers, and purpose driven. We are seeking more passionate people to join our innovative team. Join our team and let your ambition flourish.
The Cost Accountant is responsible for preparing and validating our plant’s monthly financial reporting, analyzing, identifying and resolving discrepancies. This position requires an individual to have a strong skill set in the following areas; attention to detail, analytical, highly organized self-starter with the ability to multi-task and have excellent communication skills.
- Responsible for the completion of plant’s monthly financial reporting.
- Responsible for the completion of plant’s monthly management reporting.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a strong working relationship with plant manufacturing department leaders and staff.
- Analyze changes in products, raw materials, and manufacturing processes to determine effects on cost.
- Identify and recommend areas for continuous and process improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
- Minimum of 2 years of cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other database systems.
- Some travel required.