At Land O’Frost, our brands of lunchmeat and specialty sausage products are recognized as one of the nation’s best- selling and trusted brands. We have accomplished this through our incredible team of employees who are customer focused, motivated, achievers, developers, and purpose driven. We are seeking more passionate people to join our innovative team. Join our team and let your ambition flourish.
The 2nd Shift Production Supervisor is responsible for working with interdisciplinary teams to achieve established goals and objectives. Through team work and collaboration, develops long-term objectives while staying focused on the vision, focuses on results that impact the success of the company, develops and implements solutions to operational and customer needs and builds high performing teams.
- Direct the daily activities in the above mentioned areas in order to cost effectively complete the production schedules and other work as defined by Scheduling and the Plant Superintendent.
- Identify the training needs of the employees in the area, and provide resources to accomplish needed training.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and product standards as they apply to the products and processes in the assigned area. Make decisions and/or involve the Superintendent or other management personnel regarding in-process product judgments in order to assure product quality.
- Assure timely and appropriate response to USDA concerns in the assigned areas.
- Cooperate with Process Improvement, Technical Services and Purchasing in the design and execution of R&D and Process Improvement tests, and project activity.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum five years of supervisory experience in production management or other operations related activity. Food industry experience strongly desired.
- Manufacturing process oriented with the ability to identify relevant process details.
- Proven ability to build high performing teams.
- Capable of driving for the achievement of business results.
- Desire to grow and move up within the organization and ultimately transfer to other locations as needed.
- Must be open to working 2nd shift.
- Willingness to travel to other locations across the organization as needed.
- Strong Computer Skills including Microsoft Office and other business systems.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing preventative and corrective maintenance repairs to processing and packaging equipment.
- Electrical troubleshooting experience required.
- Ability to interpret electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic schematics required.
- Ability to interpret mechanical blueprints and related data required.
- Ammonia Refrigeration experience preferred.
- Tig welding/fabricating experience preferred.
- Job-related experience in boiler and plumbing applications preferred.