At Land O’Frost, our brands of lunchmeat and specialty sausage products are recognized as one of the nation’s best- selling and trusted brands. We have accomplished this through our incredible team of employees who are customer focused, motivated, achievers, developers, and purpose driven. We are seeking more passionate people to join our innovative team. Join our team and let your ambition flourish.
The Quality Manager is responsible for building a culture of Quality at the plant through partnerships with plant management and cross functional teams to drive process improvements to meet departmental metrics and company objectives. The manager must maintain and improve all components of the plant Quality Management System (QMS), including the management of third party audits.
Quality, Consumer and Customer focus will be an integral part of the Quality Manager’s responsibility to sustain the delivery of high-quality products. Utilizing root cause analysis, Quality management tools, and establishing preventive measures will be critical to success. Listening and understanding the “voice of the consumer” will be supported through data analysis and anticipating needs. The Quality Manager will create winning solutions for the customer and Land O’Frost.
The Quality Manager will lead by example providing leadership, coaching and mentorship to the technical support staff and plant management team. This person will build networks by promoting collaboration across disciplines, departments, functions and levels to influence business growth and success.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Biology, Microbiology, or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- 2-5 years of experience in Quality Management preferred.
- Technical knowledge of Quality principles, food safety, meatscience and regulatory requirements.
- SQF/BRC experience preferred.
- Project management skills – Capable of working on and managing multiple high priority projects.
- Demonstrated understanding of process control methods and application of preventative practices.
At Land O’Frost, our brands of lunchmeat and specialty sausage products are recognized as one of the nation’s best- selling and trusted brands. We have accomplished this through our incredible team of employees who are customer focused, motivated, achievers, developers, and purpose driven. We are seeking more passionate people to join our innovative team.
The Packaging Supervisor is responsible for production on his/her assigned lines responsible and accountable for ensuring quality and production processes are being performed per defined standards. Supervises associates through effective leadership including coaching, developing, motivating, and supporting a team oriented environment. Leads efforts to maintain 5S standards in all areas of operation championing continuous improvement efforts. Ensures compliance with all laws and regulations related to safety, OSHA and USDA. Hours: Monday – Thursday, 3:30pm-2am.
Areas of Impact
- Strategic Focus
- Drive for Results
- Builds High Performing Teams
- Builds Relationships
- Process Oriented
- Model the Way
- Bachelor’s degree or 3-5 years of food processing related industry experience.
- Familiar with food safety, food handling, GMP and plant safety guidelines.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office software; experience with computer report generation and general computer database usage.
- Work extended days and/or weekends with flexibility to switch shifts as required.
- Ability to motivate people, specifically mentoring and coaching individuals to meet goals of the production area.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at one time.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing preventative and corrective maintenance repairs to processing and packaging equipment.
- Electrical troubleshooting experience required.
- Ability to interpret electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic schematics required.
- Ability to interpret mechanical blueprints and related data required.
- Ammonia Refrigeration experience preferred.
- Tig welding/fabricating experience preferred.
- Job-related experience in boiler and plumbing applications preferred.