We all know a slow cooker is a busy mom's best friend. But did you know you can use it just as often during the summer as you do the rest of the year?
When it’s baking outside, no one wants to turn on the oven and heat up the kitchen. That's where your Crock Pot comes in.
I’ve rounded up 15 summer slow cooker recipes that are kid-approved and perfect for those warm and busy nights.
1. Mexican Crock Pot Chicken
This Mexican chicken
dish makes the perfect base for shredded chicken tacos. Set up some favorite taco toppings and let the family create their own.
2. Beef and Bean Enchiladas
Kids will love this cheesy dish. Serve these enchiladas
with a lettuce and tomato salad for a tasty Mexican dish.
3. Italian Sausage and Peppers
is super versatile. Try serving in a hoagie roll for warm sandwiches or over pasta.
4. Healthier Chili
Watching your figure for swimsuit season? This veggie-filled chili
5. Summer Chicken Dinner
Use some of those summer veggies you’ve been growing in your garden in this dump-it-and-forget-it chicken meal
6. Chicken and Black Bean Taco Salad
This taco salad
is high in fiber and protein and perfect for those hot summer days.
7. Cubano Sliders
Land O' Frost Bistro Favorites Smoked Ham
makes these yummy sliders
extra delicious. Serve with plantain chips for an easy summer meal with an ethnic flare.
8. Chicken Tostadas
add the perfect amount of crunch and flavor to those lazy summer evenings.
9. Cilantro Lime Chicken
Serve this flavorful shredded chicken
with tortillas and salsa one day and over salad the next. So many options!
10. Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Lettuce wraps are super easy to make at home with this recipe
. The crisp crunch of the lettuce is super refreshing on a hot day.
11. Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Who doesn't love a classic pulled pork sandwich
? Serve it with a crisp summer slaw for the ultimate patio meal.
12. Chicken Fajitas
These chicken fajitas
are a great way to sneak some of those fresh summer veggies in.
13. Corn on the Cob
Crock Pot corn on the cob
? It doesn't get much easier than this!
14. Hot German Potato Salad
What is summer without a yummy potato salad
? This tangy summer salad is the perfect cookout side dish.
15. Mixed Berry Cobbler
Wrapping up the list is my own spin on a summer dessert favorite. It’s a great way to use those fresh summer berries! And it’s even better topped with ice cream.
Crock Pot Berry Cobbler Recipe
- 5 cups mixed berries (I use blueberries, strawberries and raspberries)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup cubed butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Rinse your berries, and slice the strawberries in half. Toss berries with 1/2 cup brown sugar in a bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine flour, remaining brown sugar and baking powder. Cut in butter cubes using a pastry blender or fork. In a small bowl, combine the vanilla and milk. Add to the dry ingredients and mix to form the dough.
- Spread dough into the bottom of a greased slow cooker. Add fruit.
- Cook for on high for 2 ½ hours. Remove the lid and let the cobbler sit for a few minutes to set.
- Serve warm with your favorite vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!
Don’t be so quick to pack up that Crock Pot when the weather heats up. Stay cool, and give these summer slow cooker recipes a try!