Mornings can be chaotic. You have to get kids ready, prep their lunches if it’s a school day, walk the dog, clean up that spill... Is it any wonder that moms often skip breakfast or grab fast food? Neither options are great, but with limited time in the mornings, what choices do we moms have? To help take the stress out of busy mornings, try making breakfast ahead of time. These 16 breakfast ideas can all be made ahead of time and will save you more of those precious morning minutes:
- This super simple Breakfast Wrap recipe can be made the night before and microwaved in the morning. Add some chopped bell pepper or asparagus to the eggs to make it even better for you!
- These breakfast cookies are something that you can pick up on your way out the door. They are chock full of fruits and veggies to keep you going all morning!
- Muffins are always a favorite for breakfast, but not always the healthiest option. Using this peanut butter banana muffins recipe, you can choose a muffin for breakfast with no guilt. With 10 grams of protein in each one, it’s going to provide delicious nutrition.
Oatmeal to the Rescue
- It won’t just be the kids that get excited about peanut butter & jelly overnight oats. Put these oats on, go to bed, and wake up to a filling and delicious breakfast with no added sugar!!
- Or with this freezer oatmeal cups breakfast, you get the convenience of instant oatmeal without the extra chemicals and ingredients that can be found in the ready-made packets. These contain real oatmeal with your favorite spices and flavorings. Make this ahead of time and freeze and then pull out of the freezer and pop in the microwave.
Make Ahead Casseroles
- Cinnamon rolls are a treat for breakfast, but don’t always keep you full for long. This easy cinnamon roll breakfast casserole adds some protein with the addition of eggs. Make it on the weekend and store it in individual servings. Then reheat and enjoy in the morning!
- Besides being delicious, this easy make ahead breakfast casserole has an added bonus - it contains a good amount of spinach, which helps you get some greens into the kids first thing in the morning!
Sandwiches and Pizza for Breakfast?
- If you love the bacon,egg and cheese croissant breakfast sandwiches that you find at many fast food restaurants, try this healthier version that you can make at home.
- Who doesn't like pizza? Even my picky kids enjoy this spinach & bacon make ahead breakfast pizza. When you are looking to get some extra veggies in your kid's diet and limit morning sugar consumption, try this. With eggs, bacon, spinach and peppers, it is a great way to start the day.
What About Yogurt?
- Yogurt parfaits like this one, provide a tasty start to the day. You can make them in many varieties, so you are sure to find something to keep even the pickiest eater happy.
- Popsicles for breakfast? Absolutely! Imagine the convenience as you and your family enjoy the great flavors of a yogurt parfait on a popsicle stick!
Pancakes and Waffles
- These breakfast muffins have a bit of a twist to them - a mini waffle at the bottom. The result is a filling breakfast that can go with you anywhere. If your kids love waffles, give these a try!
- These pancake poppers will be a favorite sweet breakfast option. They are moist and full of flavor and the cinnamon and applesauce in them eliminates the need for syrup. Perfect to grab and go!
- Or if your family is craving something savory, try Ham Waffles. Ham Waffles still offer that warm fluffy goodness with a savory surprise hidden among the sweetness.
Eggs in a Muffin Tin
- If you have eggs and a muffin tin, you are halfway to an easy, make-ahead breakfast. This Egg in a Cup recipe can be made as soon as you get up in the morning. With just two ingredients, they can be ready in 10 minutes.
- These sausage egg muffins combine bread, cheese, eggs and sausage. Just pop them in the oven to bake, and when they are ready, let them cool before freezing into individual portions. Make these ahead of time and warm them in the morning for a filling and satisfying breakfast.
So, are you ready to ditch the morning craziness and try some of these make ahead breakfasts? With a little planning beforehand, you can be serving up a delicious breakfast and making chaotic mornings a thing of the past!