Product, Process & System Audits
- Complete the four phases of an audit: including audit preparation, audit performance, audit reporting, and audit follow-up and closure
- Prepare audit questions based upon a review of the written standard, procedures, regulations, or other materials
- Conduct the audit by observing and asking pertinent questions of the people involved in the process or performing a procedure
- Document and report internal audits to verify conformance or nonconformance and effectively communicate audit results to the appropriate departmental manager
- Record CAPA and conduct follow-up investigations to close open audits
- Analyze audit data to identify trends and issue reports to management
- Document, edit, and close MRBs, CAPAs, and NCRs in IFS system
- Create/edit Manufacturing Operating Procedures (MOPs) based upon audit findings
- Maintain the plant SQF program, understand the SQF code and create/edit audits to verify compliance with that code, make necessary edits to the SQF database when codes are revised
- Prepare/support/lead third party SQF Audits at each facility
- Learn new procedures, evaluate a process, create a corresponding audit for that process, and conduct new audits and assessments as determined by the Quality Manager.
ANALYSIS / DATA COLLECTION
- Collect and complete initial analysis of product and process data for projects and process improvements
- Collect samples, organize, and conduct product cuttings and report testing results
- Evaluate raw materials and finished products in response to failures or complaints and suggest improvements to the Quality Manager
- Document results for SSOP, HACCP and other pre-requisite programs
- Utilize databases such as CAPA, consumer complaints, COQ, Retain & Release and plant metrics to optimize audits and strengthen continuous improvement opportunities
- Conduct tests on equipment and processes to qualify new products and processes
- Create / edit training materials for new equipment or processes
- Communicate and interact with fellow auditors, regardless of department or location, to adopt best auditing practices and develop congruency between departments and plants
- Conduct audits in sister plants, and possibly comanufacturers to provide insight and increase process knowledge
- Monitor Redzone Quality metric and issue reports, along with participating in Root Cause Analysis of various issues
- Participate in huddles, onboarding, and other plant or departmental teams, projects and meetings to advance the culture of Quality
Core Competencies: Strategic Focus, Drive for Results, Consumer & Customer Focus, Builds Relationships, Model the Way
- Follows principles, processes and tools of quality process to work.
- Applies and completes compliance requirements. Checks accuracy and completeness of information in audits and compliance checks.
- Develops knowledge of quality principles, verification, improvement and capability in quality tools, techniques and approaches.
- Determines causes of quality errors using basic root cause analysis tools and takes corrective action.
- Discusses how quality expectations impact deliverables/product.
- Demonstrates knowledge of customers’ specific requirements and expectations, ensuring that the appropriate quality specifications, reviews and process controls are in place.
- Experience: 2-5 years of work experience preferred
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in food science and technology, biology, microbiology or other related disciplines or High School Diploma with at least 3 years of work experience in related field or industry
- Certifications Knowledge/experience with Safe Quality Foods Codes
- Knowledge: HACCP or HARPC certified, ASQ Certifications, Green or Black Belt certification, demonstrated and proven knowledge of GMPs MOPs, SOPs, Direct experience performing customer audit standards, Knowledge of Non-GMO, Gluten-Free, Organic programs and relevant government regulations is required, Strong computer skills, including IFS, SharePoint and Microsoft Suite
Apply for job
To apply for this job, please email our Human Resources representative your resume and cover letter by clicking apply now below.