Take this traditional festival favorite to a whole new level of flavor with our Chipotle and Roasted Red Pepper Corn Dog recipe.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons solid canola oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup water
- 6 Simply Savory Chipotle and Roasted Red Pepper Smoked Sausages
- 1 cup flour (for dusting the sausages)
- Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add oil and blend until mixture is crumbly. Add egg and milk; mix lightly.
- Wooden skewer the sausages. Dust with flour and dip completely into the batter. Fry at 350°F until golden brown.