I’ve been making chocolate pretzel wreaths for my family during the holidays for years. It’s an easy recipe, and every time I take it to a party it’s always a favorite! Since it’s so simple, my kids can almost make it by themselves as long as I supervise and handle any steps that require the oven or microwave.
- 1 bag (16 ounces) pretzels in desired shape
- 1 bag (12 ounces) kiss- or bell-shaped milk chocolate candies, unwrapped
- 1 bag (12 ounces) hard-shelled, candy-coated chocolates
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit. Spread out pretzels in a single layer on a greased baking sheet.
- Place a kiss- or bell-shaped chocolate candy on each pretzel.
- Place baking sheet in the oven for 3 minutes to soften chocolate.
- Remove from oven, and carefully press down each warmed chocolate candy with a candy-coated chocolate drop. Allow them to cool.
- Place white chocolate chips in a zipper lock bag (unsealed), then heat on low in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Carefully turn the bag and continue to warm in 30 second intervals on low until white chocolate chips are melted.
- Cut a tiny hole in one of the bottom corners of the bag, push all of the melted white chocolate to the cut corner, then squeeze bag to drizzle chocolate on the cooled chocolate pretzels.