We often think of a slow cooker as an appliance to be enjoyed in the winter months, and it often becomes neglected when summer rolls around. If you think about it though, the slow cooker was made for summer living. Not only do you avoid too much heat in the kitchen from keeping the oven off, but you also can set it and forget it to enjoy summer days as they were intended — outside enjoying the sunshine. Clean-up is a breeze and can be made even simpler with slow cooker liners.
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped tomatoes, fresh or canned
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- Spaghetti or rice for serving
- Parmesan cheese for serving
- Place all ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Serve over spaghetti or rice with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.