The New Year has arrived and it’s now is the best time to make some healthy changes for you and your family. We’ve all indulged in the holiday sweets and treats. Let’s move towards ways to make your eating habits healthier, beginning with lunch!
Healthier Lunch Guide
- Use bread on one side of your sandwich and large pieces of lettuce on the other side to make an open faced sandwich for lunch!
- Instead of quenching your thirst with soda, make a homemade, fruit-filled lemonade to go along with lunch.
- Swap out bread for a whole grain wrap and fill it with healthy alternatives, such as this Cobb Salad Wrap.
- Add sides like fresh fruit or carrot sticks instead of chips or other unhealthy processed foods.
- My personal favorite, just have a salad for lunch and top it with all sorts of vegetables and sliced meat like this Meaty Chopped Salad.
- While you could indulge in a leftover gingerbread man from Christmas for dessert, grab a cup of fruit or even 1 ounce of dark chocolate to satisfy those sweet cravings.
- Last, but not least, got outside and play with your family after lunch instead of sitting in front of the kids’ new video games that Santa brought.
I hope you all have a healthy and happy new year!