My husband and I get into lunch ruts. Weekday lunches almost always consist of a salad and some other goody. That gets boring, if you know what I mean. It was about time we shake it up, and the weekend was the perfect time to experiment with sandwiches! On cooler afternoons, a warm panini is just what the taste buds ordered, and this one delivers with a variety of toppings that include turkey, cheese, basil and a delicious Greek yogurt spread.
- 2 tablespoons non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 4 slices ciabatta bread
- 4 slices Land O’Frost Deli-Shaved turkey
- 4 tomato slices, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- Preheat the panini press.
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, pepper and cheese.
- Spread half of the yogurt mixture on the inside of one slice of bread, from each sandwich.
- Evenly spread half of the chopped basil on each sandwich.
- Layer 2 slices of turkey on top of the basil and yogurt.
- Layer 2 slices of tomato on top of the turkey.
- Cover with the top pieces of bread.
- Spread 1/2 tablespoon of butter on each outside of the sandwiches.
- Place in the panini press, close and let cook until warm and crispy, about 5 minutes.