Our favorite shortcut to making soft pretzels at home is using pre-made pizza dough from the store (brushing it with baking soda water gives it a real pretzel taste). We also added ham and cheese to these stuffed pretzel sticks to make them the ultimate kid-approved snack.
- 1 package Land O’Frost Premium Natural Hickory Smoked Ham
- 1 block of cheddar cheese
- 6 ounces pizza dough
- Flour for dusting
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- Coarse ground salt
- Roll and cut pizza dough 3 inches by 2 inches
- Roll the smoked ham around the cheese and the dough around the ham
- Crimp edges
- In a pot combine water and baking soda. Bring to a boil.
- Brush the stuffed pizza dough with the baking soda water
- Sprinkle with coarse ground salt
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes turning once halfway