We often think of a slow cooker as an appliance to be enjoyed in the winter months, and it often becomes neglected when summer rolls around. If you think about it though, the slow cooker was made for summer living. Not only do you avoid too much heat in the kitchen from keeping the oven off, but you also can set it and forget it to enjoy summer days as they were intended — outside enjoying the sunshine. Clean-up is a breeze and can be made even simpler with slow cooker liners.
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 pound frozen chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- Desired taco toppings
- Dissolve taco seasoning in chicken broth.
- Place chicken breasts in slow cooker and pour broth over them.
- Cook on low for 5 hours.
- With two forks, shred chicken meat into bite-size pieces.
- Serve with your favorite taco toppings.