Make your own dough, then stuff it with delicious meats and cheese to create quick calzones that are customizable for every family member.
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 24 slices of Land O’Frost Premium Oven-Roasted Turkey and Old-Fashioned Cooked Ham deli meat
- 1-1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- Mustard or marinara for dipping
- Spray a large bowl with canola oil. Set aside.
- Mix the yeast, sugar and water together in the bowl of your stand mixer. Allow it to sit for 5 minutes to proof, then add salt and pepper.
- Adding a 1/2 cup at a time with the stand mixer running on medium low, pour the flour into the mixture until a dough ball forms.
- Place dough ball in oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and allow to double in size in a warm place, about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Put the dough ball on a lightly-floured surface and divide into four equal parts.
- Roll out each equal part into a circle.
- Place 6 slices of deli meat and 1/4-1/2 cup of cheddar cheese on half of the circle of dough, leaving a 1/2 inch space around the edge.
- Lightly beat egg and water together to make an egg wash.
- Brush on a little egg wash along the inside edge of the dough, then fold the other half over the ingredients. Push to seal the edge.
- Repeat with the remaining pieces of dough.
- Place on a non-stick baking sheet, and brush the tops with egg wash.
- (Optional) Sprinkle with more cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes, until light brown and hollow to the tap.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with mustard or marinara for dipping.