When you want dumplings but don’t want a heavy meal like chicken and dumplings, you want gnocchi, aka football-shaped Italian potato dumplings you serve like pasta. For this pasta recipe, toss homemade gnocchi with ham and a dairy-free (but still creamy!) sauce. Like any pasta, it’s also delish topped with tomato sauce or pesto.
- 1 cup Premium Natural Hickory Smoked Ham
- 1 pound peeled, cooked, and mashed potato
- ½ egg
- Dash of salt and pepper
- ¾ cup flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ cup parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Combine potato, egg, salt, pepper, flour, and cornstarch together.
- Mix into a dough.
- Roll out to ½ inch thick and cut into ½ inch x ½ inch cubes.
- Using a fork: Roll of the backside to create lines.
- Cook in simmering water for 2 minutes.
- In a sauté pan: combine mayonnaise, water, spices, parsley, salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil and turn down to a simmer.
- Toss dumplings with sauce and add 1 cup of chopped ham.
- Serve and enjoy.