French toast is usually a sweet breakfast treat covered in maple syrup. Try a savory meat and cheese-filled version. You'll dip it in the usual egg mixture, but the inside protein-packed ingredients will keep you fuller, longer.
- 12 slices firm white or rye bread
- Prepared mustard (to taste)
- 6 slices Land O’Frost Premium Black Forest Ham
- 6 slices Land O’Frost Premium Honey Smoked Turkey Breast
- 6 slices Swiss or American cheese
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Spread each slice of bread with mustard. Make 6 sandwiches using 1 slice of ham, cheese and turkey for each.
- Combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Melt butter in a skillet over low heat.
- Using tongs, dip each sandwich in the milk-egg mixture, turning to coat each side.
- Brown each sandwich in skillet over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side. Serve warm.