There are some gatherings I host where I don’t want people to lift a finger. I want them to come empty-handed so that I can feed and love on them. When that occurs, my mind immediately goes through a repertoire of perfect entertaining foods. My desire is that it always has a hint of “gourmet,” yet with none of the work. One product that achieves this goal every time is store-bought crescent rolls. It's easy to dress them up into yummy, stuffed rings or braids, and no matter what filling I add, the flaky goodness cooks up beautifully and always has the guests asking for the recipe.
- 1 cup Land O'Frost Premium Honey Smoked Turkey Breast and Land O'Frost Premium Old Fashioned Cooked Ham, chopped coarsely
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped coarsely
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) preferred cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons mustard (I love Dijon or honey.)
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- Garlic powder (optional)
- Onion powder (optional)
- Fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven 350ºF.
- In a mixing bowl, combine turkey, ham, broccoli, onion, parsley, cheese, mustard and mayonnaise.
- Unroll crescent dough, and separate into 16 triangles.
- Arrange triangles in a circle on a 13-inch round baking stone/pan with the wide ends of the triangles overlapping in the center and the points facing the outside. Note the open center.
- Scoop the meat mixture evenly onto the widest end of each triangle.
- Pull the outside points of each triangle up over the filling and tuck under the dough at center of ring. The filling will not be completely covered.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.