Remember grandma's ham and split pea soup, the one that had to simmer for hours? You can get the same comforting flavors your family knows and loves without the hours of labor. This quick split pea soup recipe makes it easy peasy!
- 3 cups Premium Natural Hickory Smoked Ham
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon dried garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried onion
- 2 cups split pea
- 2 cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Parmesan cheese shredded
- French bread
- In a pot heat up oil and sauté 2 cups of ham. Add dried garlic, dried onion, cooked split peas, and water and bring to a boil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Blend in a blender until smooth.
- Pour blended soup into pot and bring to a simmer.
- Add 1 cup of ham and vinegar
- Simmer for a minute and enjoy
- *Note. Baked parmesan crisps are easy and really good in the soup.
- To make: Slice french bread ¼ inch thick.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake at 350°F for 5 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. (The crispier they are the better they hold up in the soup.)