Cooking quinoa in the rice cooker is simple! Here is a foolproof way to make and enjoy it all week long in protein-packed main and side dishes.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups liquid (low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth or water)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a fine mesh sieve, rinse quinoa in cold water until the water runs clear. Some brands do not require a rinse. Read the back of the box to find out if rinsing is necessary.
- Pour rinsed quinoa into the rice cooker.
- Add liquid and salt.
- Turn on the rice cooker, and let it do the work. It’ll beep and be done after approximately 15 minutes.
- Unplug the cooker, and allow quinoa to sit for 3-5 minutes. Lightly fluff it with a fork.
- Serve warm or cold, prepared with your favorite ingredients.